There might be an android app out there that will forward a gsm voice call
over wifi VoIP. If it exists then you could just leave a cheap android phone
plugged in at a friends house in AU and you wouldn't incur any per call
costs (other than data).

Another option would be to get a skype in number in AU and then tell the
carrier to forward your calls through. It'll be a little more expensive but
easier to setup. All your text messages will be lost with this option.

Last option is obviously to use skype for everything in the USA and to keep
a second phone (or sim if you can dual sim) with your AU number attached. If
people call then tell them you will call them back (using skype out) and
that they should call you on a skype out number from now on. You can still
receive text messages this way. It is e most expensive option.

Jonathon.

On 26/07/2011, at 5:20 AM, Geoff McQueen <geoff.mcqu...@hiivesystems.com>