Hi,

We are doing we webstart up and I would have to say that the innovator
dilemma is a serious problem. Website's can be made for an ever decreasing
cost, and anything other than trademark IP is an absolute nightmare.

What it comes down to is that there are so many ways to offer an extremely
similar product but in a slightly different technical or visible way.
The other issue i see for web startups is the ease at which features can be
"borrowed" and retrofitted into an existing website or service, people
already using the service will be notified by email or using the site, and
possibly never hear of the competition.

 Just my 2c.

www.ideall.com.au