Hi Caroline,

Happy to have a chat.... since I wrote that intro below a lot has changed so a
small update is probably in order.

I currently still split my time between not only management & technical but now
also between working with some of Australia's largest enterprises as well as
earliest-stage startups.

I now have a day job with HP as the CTO for Communications, Media,
Entertainment (South Pacific) where I work with telcos, media companies and
entertainment companies to help them take advantage of the Cloud, Analytics,
Security, and Mobile. This requires lots of understanding customer needs and
work to find / create great solutions for them using HP's technologies in these
spaces as well as partner organisations (Hint: lots of opportunities here for
emerging companies at the scale stage BTW). In many respects my role is a
corporate version of the "lean startup" mindset but with access to a much wider
pool of skills and resources.

I'm also one of the founders of Pushstart and spend a lot of my spare time
working with the irrepressible Kim Heras to help enable the startup ecosystem
here in Australia. We've been fortunate to attract around 150 awesome mentors
across Australia into the Pushstart Mentor network and have only just completed
our inaugural accelerator with 8 emerging technology companies who will shortly
be pitching to investors here in Australia and also the US.

This is a somewhat unique and privileged situation in that I get to work
closely with enterprises and startups. It affords me a view point to see how
the big end of town is updating their core platforms to use cloud / big data  /
mobility and also prepare for the NBN. I also get to work closely with
Australia's increasingly vibrant startup scene to see the cool ideas and
emerging tech that's coming out of there as well. As a result I'm finding that
there are plenty opportunities to act as mentor / coach to help startups learn
how to work with enterprise customers / partners and vice versa.

I'll reconnect with you privately to set up a time to chat over a coffee,

cheers,

Roger