I get asked about this a lot, so to follow up on Geoff's post, I've written
a post with a proven way to get a visa in the US:
http://eliasbizannes.com/blog/2012/07/how-to-become-a-full-time-entrepreneur-in-the-us/

I've now done the E3 visa three times, without a lawyer and have three
years of border crossing experience to boot. Hope this helps a few of you
out there.

Elias Bizannes
http://eliasbizannes.com