Hi All,

I thought I would drop in on this thread and see where I could add value.

I have to agree with Tom on this one as there are several things to look
at. I would suggest to consider the following:

*Gateway*

   - Ease of integration
   - Integration options - Does the gateway offer options to help minimise
   PCI scope (Direct Post etc)
   - Costs - are there any extra fees
   - Does the gateway support Amex
   - Ability to access good technical support

*Merchant Facility*
*
*
Every Bank is different on this one, but a general rule of thumb is that
you will get cheaper pricing from the bank if you use a Third Party Gateway
- any bank product that uses MiGS is more expensive. When looking at
pricing, take the following into consideration:

   - Is the MSF (the % Charged) Blended or Card Based - ANZ charge
   different MSF's based on card types which can turn out to be more
   expensive.
   - Is there a transaction fee on top of the MSF
   - What is the minimum MSF (monthly and varies between $20-$40)
   - Monthly Fees

As Tom mentioned, you need to model these numbers to try find the best
solution. From our experience, CBA, ANZ and Westpac do a good job!

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Pred

*Founder*