The market is large and most of these are inter-company collaboration
tools, so the network effects are low (my company doesn't care what yours
is using for project management and vice versa). I think the majority of
these tools need only a few thousand users to be profitable. Not that
that's easy to achieve, but explains why you can have so many of them.

Ivan