Really? The founders (will continue) to live in Sydney, their employees
will continue to pay a lot of tax since Sydney is their largest office by
far, and they're going to keep giving back to the community. That matters a
whole lot more than a paper filing of "home" for tax arrangements if you
ask me.

If it puts some wind up our politicians who've actively tried to screw our
sector with their ESOP tax arrangements and other shortcomings while
funding the eyes out of the car and film industries, then all the better.

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 10:37 PM, Marty Pitt <martyp...@mango-factory.com>wrote:

> Here's the article.
>

> http://www.brw.com.au/p/entrepreneurs/atlassian_leads_charge_of_start_1ePmbPnLaVNDftzQjQHn0K
>
> Personally, I find this really sad news, as Atlasssian was - to my eyes -
> one of the real silicon valley darlings running here in Sydney.
>
> I'd been eyeing a role they've been advertising recently as my "two-year
> professional stretch goal".  Such a shame.
>

>  --
>
> Forum rules
> 1) No lurkers! It is expected that you introduce yourself.
> 2) No jobs postings. You can use http://siliconbeachaustralia.org/jobs

> ---
> "Silicon Beach Australia" group.
> email to silicon-beach-australia+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.