Hi Folks,

Whilst I tend to frown on public posts like this, friends in my network
suggested this would be a good place to flaunt myself.  I am currently
looking for my next "thing" and looking for some help in getting networked
to find the right role or some consultancy work.

Also being new to the group it's a good opportunity for you to get to know
me :-).

I came back to Australia from a successful period (and good job) in the US
as I had a passion to push innovation success in Australia ( the
lifestyle/culture is great for getting stuff done) and use the great skills
I gained in the Valley to do this.  I have always felt that the talent we
have here in Australia is under-tapped and under-appreciated and is equal
(or better) that what I have worked with in the Valley.  I want to continue
to grow Australia's internationally recognition in the tech space.   The
role I came back to has finally fizzled out as the company did a
ill-informed acquisition (just as I joined) that used up a lot of their
cash!

Looking for full time and consulting opportunities.  Looking for VP
Engineering, CTO, COO or other senior leadership roles but with a strong
tech focus.  Happy for people to contact me via LinkedIn or my email
address <firstname>@<lastname>.com (you will need to substitute - yes I
have a cool domain name and there is no .au).

Suggestions or referrals welcome - but please be respectful.

Kind Regards
Matt

*My Short Intro: *

I have over 15 years of senior leadership experience (up to VP) building
and running engineering organisations including 7 years in Silicon Valley
(Cisco, Ericsson).  My experience has including building some of the key
internet infrastructure in the networking and services space (voice, video,
security) as well as developing high scale, high performance and high
reliability cloud and SaaS solutions (social, messaging, VoIP, self-care)
for major mobile operators, PayTV companies and companies like Samsung, LG
and Comcast.  I have also lead an entire commercial business theatre (with
P&L) across Asia running business development, sales and delivery, product
management, etc.

I'm also currently helping a couple of want-to-be-startups (ie no money) to
define their strategy and consulting to some bankers in Wall Street on the
technology space.

*My Short History: (much better CV available)*

Feb 2012 - recently:  *VP Engineering promoted to VP/General Manager at
Myriad Group AG* (myriadgroup.com) based out of Sydney

   - Lead the engineering and professional services organisation developing
   Myriad's cloud messaging, consumer home technology, PayTV, RCS and embedded
   device software.
   - Drove innovation including internal startup process.
   - Lead all commercial business in Asia and India running business
   development, sales, channel management, marketing as well as professional
   services an engineering.  Owned P&L for region.  Doing the job of the COO
   after he left.
   - Staff of >200 (across 6 countries).
   - Experienced in building offshore dev orgs (India, Philippines, China)
   and high performance local groups.
   - Great technology, great people - but company hit cash-flow issues so
   time to go.

Sep 2011 - Feb 2012: *Director, Engineering - Ericsson Silicon Valley*(Santa
Clara, CA)

   - Restructured Engineering organisation in Internet and Broadband unit
   to improve cost effectiveness, TTM, quality, reliability and maturity.
   - Lead improvements across Operations and Project management office
   including release management, Agile and resourcing.

Nov 2005 - Sep 2011: *Various Senior Manager positions covering Engineering
and Product - Cisco Systems* (San Jose, CA)
Jun 1998 - Nov 2005: *Manager, Engineering - Cisco Systems* (Sydney)

   - Build some of the best router platforms (Edge and Access) that hold
   the internet together - 7200,7300,7400, ASR-1000, ISRs and some work across
   core and cable.
   - Build products and technology around security (firewall, identity),
   voice (voip), gateways (SBC), video (PayTV), protocols, VPN, WAN and LAN,
   network management, collaboration (webex, etc).
   - Evangelised, marketed and briefed/engaged with Cisco's top customers
   around strategy, roadmap, commercial vision.
   - Keynote talks at Cisco Live (US) for several years.
   - Member/representative on numerous boards and councils.
   - Member of BU senior leadership team.
   - Staff of ~80.

Software development background with strong coding experience and
architecture understanding.
Deep technology knowledge and understanding particular around networking,
mobile, cloud and SaaS services.
Strong senior leadership experience with commercial focus.