G'day

responded to some posts without introducing myself, then saw a thread where
the intro requirement was mentioned slightly more forcefully. Apologies for
the delay.

I am a software developer (solution architect?) who doesn't care too much
about titles. DB design, programming for both desktop and web and then
integrating the two are where I have spent most of my time for the last
decade or so. No particular industry, being a contractor and very lucky
with the jobs I have picked up. Love and am very happy to be working with
Delphi, which the current project uses as well as classic asp, xml/xslt,
sql for the desktop client / web integration with the requisite CSS/HTML/js
bits and pieces. I also built a hardware emulator for the project using an
Arduino and thus C/C++ was added to the mix.

Outside that project I have started dabbling in Android programming, which
is nicely linkable back to the Arduino via Bluetooth. Tis good.

I am pretty much stuck in the role of developer by now, which is cause for
some frustration, as brainstorming and idea generation is what energises me
the most.

Moving from developer to CEO is unlikely, unless I create the business
myself.  Alas, ideas are significantly easier than execution of same, so I
have a fair few half baked prototypes and tonnes of written notes for this
and  that but nothing concrete. Yet.

Would like to change that in 2014.

Aaron