> ….and as long as you go into it understanding all the complications it
> will involve it may be a viable solution for a limited number of people but
> when you give up 50% to a developer “partner” you aren’t paying them market
> rates for the POC site…..

I agree but for some people thats an acceptable cost, especially as they
are doing much more than just software development. They assist with the
business, the marketing as well. I am not suggesting its a fantastic deal,
just that it suits some people well and they don't have a shortage of
applicants.

> How many successful “round 2’ exits have there been from BlueChilli? Eg
> how many POC’s have gone on to get funding from additional external
> partners and not run out of runway?

That's the $64 question we all want to know.