Simran

simple 5% gross revenue tax will kill all industries with more or less
complex supply chain and with low/moderate margin.

We in IT have a bit skewed view on economy. Too see how many parties
involved in manufacturing have a look for example into this video about
pencil production - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYO3tOqDISE

Think about what happens if at any part of the process extra 5% added.

Guys who invented VAT/GST allow credits for a reason.

Simple 5% may be not a bad idea, but as an option for small/medium
business. It actually exists in this way in some countries.

Regards
Alex