I think we need to introduce some clarity ... IMHO what we are seeing is
not foodtech innovation but distribution optimisation. The general argument
is that the goods/services is atoms moving in one direction towards the
consumer and information (including financial settlement) moving in the
opposite. So most of the proposals I've seen are trying to better match the
on-demand impulse-driven dynamic needs of time-poor hungry purchasers with
the delivery system ... which in turn requires investment in warm-chain,
packaging and demand management. Yes, some advances (though drones don't
hit the mass-energy sweet-spot for food) but hardly a revolution in the
retail or F&B sector. In the end food is calories but where is the
atmosphere, the social sharing and communal dining? Are we reduced to
eating fancy TV-dinners in splendid isolation?

Lawrence
http://www.linkedin.com/in/drllau

I can most certainly agree that most of food-tech startups are venture