On Thu, 2006-02-09 at 06:18, Udhay Shankar N wrote:

> ><silklist@lists.hserus.net>: host frodo.hserus.net[204.74.68.40] said: 550
> >     Administrative Prohibition - See
> >     http://spamblock.outblaze.com/67.188.111.216 (in reply to RCPT

What's Danny doing running an MTA on a Comcast IP (dynamically
allocated), when Comcast has a "No Servers" policy?

Did I mention I'm interviewing with Comcast on Friday (phone interview,
I travel later)?  If I were his provider's abuse desk (which I may
actually BE in a few weeks), he'd get a stern talking to.

Direct to MX from dynamic IPs is almost 100% spam.

Back on the topic of EFF's stance on Goodmail, they've been out of step
on email and spam issues ever since John Gilmore had his mailserver
listed by MAPS as an open relay (It was, intentionally, and he refused
to close it, which nearly cost him his hosting). While I'd stand behind
the EFF on almost anything else, I've never been steered wrong by
turning 180 degrees from any position they have on spam.

--B

--
Brian McNett:  Forensic Spam Investigator
Work:               <http://consult.spamresource.com/>