I may have heard from them -- I've gotten a lot of queries about this stuff... But tbh, I don't track it very closely, since all these systems suffer from the same problems:

* The rich get richer

* Ideas thrive based on popularity and unpopular ideas are buried

* They require explicit human intervention to describe their users' beliefs, something human beings are pretty bad at expressing (see Metacrap for more: http://www.well.com/~doctorow/metacrap.htm

* They have no ready way of disambiguating their users' feelings about one aspect of an item from another (e.g., I like this music because the artist has CC licensed it, not because it sounds good)

Cory