Why are they building on top of Fedora Core 2? This seems very old.

I'm not asking to be snarky - I've only been to Bhutan once and know no Dzongkha (yet).

This is very cool - I remember people being much more interested in Microsoft than Linux last Summer and a lot of it had to do with the support for Dzongkha fonts and integration into the OS.

On 6/11/06, Venkatesh Hariharan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
In 6/10/06, Thaths <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Rishab, comments?
>
> Thaths
>
> http://www.dit.gov.bt/newsdetail.php?newsId=44
>
> 3 June 2006 - While the promise of integrating the Dzongkha Unicode
> system, developed since 1998 at a cost of US$ 523,000, in Microsoft
> Vista may be out of the window locals have come up with a much cheaper
> but more advanced software for Dzongkha computing.
>
> Called Dzongkhalinux , the software enables to chat, write emails,
> surf Internet, play music or video, in Dzongkha.

Karunakar, who is the project lead for IndLinux.org (www.indlinux.org)
had gone to Bhutan and spent a couple of months there to help them
localize Linux and other open source software to the Dzhongka
language. If I remember right, he has also been to Nepal and Iran to
share his expertise in localization.

Venky