On 17/Oct/2006, at 5:19 PM, Badri Natarajan wrote:

Just to clarify this - the Supreme Court does not issue "public
statements". I haven't read their judgment but I am assuming this was a comment made in passing in the judgment when discussing the powers of the
Supreme Court in relation to a pardon.

I stand corrected. There was a newspaper report that I didn't read too carefully, wherein the issue of judicial review of Presidential pardon was covered. Shuddha alludes to it as a thinly veiled threat in the forward that started this thread.

--
Kiran Jonnalagadda
http://jace.seacrow.com/