I forgot to do this from the bottom of the post....

We have a really tedious login script on W2K OS that at best takes 10 mins
in the office.   Over the VPN from India it takes the time stated above.  As
i tell my operaional colleagues that I support  - 'Even I cannae change the
laws of physics!'  It helps that I have a Scottish accent.

On the 4.5K miles trip there and back, network wise, that's how I explain
the slight latency on VMWARE.  You'd be surprised how well that quote works
when explaining to the operation the slow down they see.

The Hindustan Times has come up in 3 posts now... I shall give it a try.
How does the Express compare?

Many thanks,
Keith