On Friday 10 Nov 2006 5:29 pm, Dave Long wrote:
> Wikipedia's entry on Kargil says both Pakistan and
> India had deployed US and Israeli-sourced UAVs in 1999

Typically whenever you read a source that says "both India and Pakistan blah
blah blah" - it is likely to be a  Pakistani source (or a leftwing Indian)

Pakistani sources thrive on using language that includes India if anything
critical has to be said about Pakistan, and use the term "South Asia" if
anything praiseworthy has to be said about India.

The Kargil battles were fought at heights of over 15000 feet and UAVs were
nearly useless - but India tried UAVs. Not at all sure if Pakistan used UAVs
- there were no reports of that during or after. Pakistan used no air assets
other than supply helicopters during the conflict because the Pakistani army
was pretending that the whole war was being fought by a few brave Mujahids -
so how can Pakistan UAVs be used?  But it is known that Pakistani UAVs were
used for recce before the conflict. I guess that fits in with the language
that UAVs "were deployed'

Israel supplies no military material to to Pakistan, and India does not use US
UAVs. The US has supplied Pakistan with UAVs to hunt down the Talibunnies and
Osammy and Pakistan has delivered about 15 Al Qaeda number 3s to the US.

shiv