Badri Natarajan wrote [ at 08:15 AM 11/12/2006 ] :

(a) Since much of my Bangalore knowledge has atrophied after 4 years away,
can someone tell me how long it will take to get to Fireflies directly
from the airport given BLR traffic?

Depends on the time of day. But in rush hour, it should take you 1.5 hours to get to Kanakapura road, and another hour to get to fireflies from there.

(b) What is the latest I should be thinking of arriving at Fireflies so as
to make it worth coming? (Subjective of course..). But if I show up at
9-10pm and spend the night..are enough people going to be around and awake
to make it worthwhile? I'll try to be earlier..

I would recommend you arrive no later than around 7 PM.

Udhay