On 28 Jan 2007, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Should I stay away from VSNL? Although most machines at home run
> Ubuntu, my kids' desktop still runs WinDoze. Your suggestions
> greatly appreciated.

I would recommend the unlimited 256 kbps plan from Airtel. I've had a
really good experience with it (billing, customer care, uptime).

My brother has BSNL Home 900 and while his standards are lower, he's
happy with it. He's never called customer care and he just grins and
bears it through downtime...

My colleague at work has one the 2 Mbps ones from BSNL and he's pretty
kicked about the while thing. If I stuck to my usual download habits,
it would work out to about 5k a month for me (90p per MB over 1 GB).

Dialup with VSNL hasn't changed over the 10 years that I've had it.

--
Alok

Battle, n.:
        A method of untying with the teeth a political knot that
        will not yield to the tongue.
                -- Ambrose Bierce