Charles Haynes wrote:
I've tried a few of the wines, not so many yet though with import
prices the way they are I'm sure I will come to love them pretty
quickly!

One thing that has me greatly confused though is a distinct lack of
any beers other than light lagers (and the occasional Guiness.) As a
confirmed ale-drinking hop head, am I doomed to disappointment?

I'm also looking forward to finding good purveyors of coffee. I'm

You should try Kalmane Coffee (has a store in most of the malls). Great coffee for the coffee lover. Cafe Coffee day and Barista are just Starbucks-wannabes with IMO dreadful coffee. Although, the baristas in CCD and Barista are better than the ones in Starbucks. They actually make decent latte and try to add some design to the drink while pouring the foam.

As far as Ale is concerned, at this time, I am afraid you have to rely on Guinness.

Import wines are expensive here. I usually pick up a couple of bottles in the duty free when I travel. I would recommend you do the same. In fact, the wines in the duty free in FRA are great. Nice selection of wines from around the world. Of course, it would be a shame if you don't pick up a riesling or an eiswein.