--- Anish Mohammed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > I have come across that sentiment in India
> but not in the US.
>
> From my experience Indians are not alone it
> does exist in Europe, I could
> vouch for atleast two or more European
> countries.

Do these European education systems allow one to
go directly into medicine from school i.e.
medicine can be pursued as a Bachelor's?

> >Possibly related to the perception in
>  >India that if you are "good in biology" you
> go into medicine and if "you
> are good in math" you go
> >into engineering and the two are mutually
> exclusive. In the US most people
> entering medical school
> >have already done a Bachelors sometimes in
> engineering, economics,
> mathematics or another medically >"unrelated"
> field.
>
> BTW please don't infer the reverse is true, try
> applying for a Phd program
> in maths with a degree in medicine.
> regards

True. Though one of my MBBS classmates did a PhD
in applied math in Oxford. By the time he applied
he had already completed a BSc correspondence
course in math which helped him greatly.

BTW, Anish are you a medico too? I should
probably just ask Google God but I am too lazy to
do that just now.

shyam

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time