On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 09:50:26AM +0530, Abhijit Menon-Sen wrote:

> In particular, on the linux-kernel list, where there's an ongoing thread
> about EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL and non-GPLed device drivers, and so on.

Greg K-H has always rubbed me the wrong way. I personally got
bitten by his little patch, when a Fedora Core refused to load nvidia
accelerated drivers. It's nice to see that he got a kick in the nuts
from Theo.

There is a continuum between proprietary stuff and digital commies,
and there's no point in deliberately degrading a not-quite-pure but
highly useful open-source system for the sake of purity. If I wanted
purity and good architecture, I'd run OpenBSD. Every system has a niche,
and there's no point in trying to shohorn a system from one niche
into another.