I never thought getting sponsorships would be this easy. Thanks a lot for
the offer Bruce. But as Jace was telling me just the other day in personal
chat, the whole point of the unconference structure is to not worry about
the infrastructure and travelling costs of the participants. Also, there are
loads of other people who would want to come to the barcamp but they can't
for similar financial hitches. While the costs of flying to bangalore and
back are not really very large - about 6,000 INR or thereabouts - in my
current 'unemployed and studying' mode it is not a very viable option...
that's the reason why Jace was offering to 'privately' sponsor the tickets
but I would feel too guilty to actually take the offer. The good news is
that they are now planning to make Bangalore Barcamp a quarterly affair...
which means that hopefully, the next time it happens I shall be there with
it.
Thanks again, for the offer,
warm regards
Nishant

On 3/12/07, Bruce Metcalf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Nishant Shah wrote:

> Tread gently because you tread on my dreams? :) I would love it if
> somebody could sponsor tickets.... *looks suspiciously at you* Are
> you swindling government money?

What is the price of tickets? I couldn't find any reference to cost on
the web site.

And there just *might* be some money available for a deserving
silklister with an interesting topic....

Bruce Metcalf
Lake Buena Vista

--
Nishant Shah