--- shiv sastry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Neither my wife nor I have any need or
> intention to emigrate to the US.
> However I was weighing the "educational
> opportunity" options for my kids in
> the US. This article has firmed up my mind.
>
> thanks
>
> shiv

The devil is in the details. Undergraduate
education in the US is expensive but graduate
education in the US is not. Most graduate
students are able to obtain stipends that cover
living expenses and fees. Both undergraduate and
graduate education in the US is excellent across
the board in most universities. In India, except
for a small tier of institutions at the top, the
quality of undergraduate and graduate education
is highly variable and typically of poor quality.
A green card provides only incremental benefit to
someone who is coming for education to the US; it
is of greater benefit if the person is going to
stay on in the US to work.

I would any day do graduate training in the US
rather than in India.

shyam