I have not read ten books on India

Naipaul's trilogy :"Area of darkness", "Wounded civilization" and "Million
Mutinies"
Park's "Preventive and Social medicine" is one of the best books I have read
on India though it is probably useless for the general reader
"May you be the Mother of a Hundred sons" - Elisabeth Bumiller
Kamala Subramaniam's "Mahabharatha"

shiv