At 2007-07-15 19:23:50 +0530, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Since you have been a decent person who does not post like a troll I
> will try and give you a decent reply.

That's very nice of you. But as an indecent troll, I can barge into your
nice people's club (reducing the doorman to tears en route by insulting
his grandmother, merely as a matter of course).

> I have reasons to disagree with Thapar, but let me deliberately be a
> troll and do what it was perfectly OK for AMS to do and call her a
> blithering idiot.

(Udhay has already pointed out why there's a difference, so I won't say
anything more about that. But do I get some kind of prize for being the
only reference you've cited in this thread?)

> I am merely displaying my own ability to act like an asshole.

You know, there are many ways to be hurtful or insulting without saying
the word "idiot". Do you imagine that I appreciate repeated suggestions
that I am engaging in the discussion only because of personal likes and
dislikes? Or that I discount arguments merely because they are from an
Indian source? Or the implication that I'm only out to make rhetorical
points after I make an effort to explain specifically why I disagree
with what you're saying?

(I'm not even listing the Las Vegas comment. By all means make fun of
stupid things I say. But if you haven't understood my argument, I would
expect you to ask me to explain, rather than make fun of it first, and
later say it wasn't clear while moving on to something else.)

Oh, but I'm not "decent", so I guess such niceties don't apply to me.

I'll knock the doorman down again on my way out.

-- ams