Charles Haynes wrote:
> Oops! Sorry. At my place is only my super-automatic. The cappucino I
> make is actually at work when I can convince the helpers not to
> helpfully pre-grind a hopper full of coffee. I've finally got the

So I guess I will have to meet you "officially"... ;)

> tweakish like add a PID to the boiler or measure the brewhead
> pressure, so this is merely an "adequate" shot, nothing godlike. :)

If I were one who knew how to do that, or had done it in the past, I
would have bought me a good machine... Oracle had some really good
machines in its corporate offices in Redwood Shores...

> Hah. I once ordered a cafe macchiato in one of those Starbucks

The best machiatto I have ever had is in Venice. Stepped into a roadside
cafe at about 7 a.m. on the Lido island... Never had a comparable
espresso after...

I wonder what they use in the Bangalore coffee shops... The espresso is
just too horrible... A latte/capuccino is bearable. At least they add
the espresso, milk and foam in the right order.

Oh, almost forgot the dancing coffee in KGA. Don't know what they do,
but the coffee, served in a tall glass, is still making waves as it is
served. Anybody know how this is achieved?