Welcome back to India!

It seems to me that Ford Endeavour might suit your palate. Mitsubishi
Pajero is another nice car.

I think a large car is going to be a pain in Bangalore. Which is why I
chose the Suzuki Swift. Ample legroom for the driver and "shotgun".
Zippy 1.3l engine that gives many bigger cars a run for their money and
has all the creature comforts you can get in India... climate control,
dual airbags, ABS, alloy wheels, disk brakes... Not exactly a big car,
but I enjoy it as I much as I did a 3-series in the US.

Venkat