On 02-Sep-07, at 8:16 PM, shiv sastry wrote:

I now left click using the left middle finger, and that finger, being longer and being situated further to the left on the left hand, ensures that my left middle finger wraps right over the mouse almost up to its far end, well over the left mouse button. That means I can comfortably left click without using the lumbricals, by merely letting my muscles do what they do most naturally
and powerfully - i.e bend at all joints.

I found happiness in an Apple Wireless Mighty Mouse, wherein all three buttons have a single underlying button. To click, I just push with all fingers. It's vastly more... satisfying a click. Right clicking requires raising the left finger, which is annoying for the first half hour. I don't notice anymore.

I prefer them wireless, having lost one too many to twisted cords in a backpack. I also prefer them dongle-less (too much plugging and unplugging) and side scroll-capable, which is why I gave up my earlier perfectly functional Microsoft Mouse.

That said, the Mighty Mouse is not for gamers:

- The roll wheel doesn't click like a regular scroll wheel, making weapon selection a delicate affair.

- Chorded button actions such as zoom and fire are no longer possible. I'm having to make a habit of keeping a finger on the Ctrl key.

J.