in infinite wisdom shiv sastry spoke thus  On 09/18/2007 09:00 AM:
Yesterday I decided to take an Auto (rickshaw) to go and pay my advance tax dues. On the ride back I encountered what we in Bangalore are encountering more and more often around this time of year - i.e in the time frame between Ganesha habba and Diwali.

A narrow Gandhinagar street was further narrowed by a truck carrying a huge idol of Ganesha being taken for immersion.

I had a similar encounter. However, I must say that the Bangalore traffic police did a great job of clearing a way through the street packed with dancers and devotees so that the people returning back from the office could pass through. Had this been in Delhi, the police would have simply given up and waited for the procession to clear up on its own accord. Given the limited road space in Bangalore and the heavy monsoons here, it is really great to see the traffic police managing the resources so well.
--
raj shekhar
facts: http://rajshekhar.net | opinions: http://rajshekhar.net/blog