On Tuesday 25 Sep 2007 6:47 am, Udhay Shankar N wrote:
> Udhay Shankar N wrote: [ on 04:23 PM 5/15/2007 ]

> More on this:
>
> http://dinersjournal.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/09/24/a-measure-of-guidance-div
>iding-the-bill/

Two reader comments sum up an eternal truth that I heard from my forefathers
in a booze up in a bar.

First the reader comments, and the wisdom at bottom :)

>The same offending couple from Galveston were on hand - and they ordered
>separately - even ordering separate wine - and paid separately. I thought
>there actions were completely out of place and frankly, a little rude."

and

> In my experience, and it is unfortunate, the people who complain are always
>the same, and most frequently griping over 5 bucks

And the piece of wisdom?

"Jo Lahore mein gaandu woh Peshawar mein bhi gaandu"

For those who don't understand Sanskrit, it means "He who is an ass-hole in
Lahore, remains one in Peshawar"

shiv