On 10/3/07, ashok_ wrote:

>If people are gullible enough to believe something,
>they should be allowed to.

Well..I would take exception, on principle, to that word "gullible",
which I think is a value judgement. In matters of religious faith,
there are only different beliefs..if someone has a belief that hes
horse is the tenth avatar of Vishnu, do I have rationally acceptable
proof to the contrary? It is only when people begin interfering with
others' lives in the name of those beliefs that mischief brews.

And I also object to anyone being "allowed" to do anything...it
reminds of the Omani minister who told me, "in Oman women are allowed
to be the equal of men."

Deepa.