On Dec 10, 2007 2:16 PM, Ramakrishnan Sundaram <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If internet access is not a given, what are the computers going to be
> used for? Do you have any apps in mind? Edubuntu comes bundled with
> several apps - XP does not. Would that itself be a deciding factor?

A primary purpose is to maintain a roster of books and track what's
being read etc. Assuming internet access, we'd like to collate this
data centrally. As an aside, we're currently looking for an open
source library management package.

The idea is also to load 'educational titles', thus far XP based, so
that the kids have an adjunct to the books.