On Jan 14, 2008 1:09 PM, Chandrachoodan Gopalakrishnan
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think Dakshinachitra is slicha better than Cholamandal artist's village.
> DC is as much about history & conservation as it is about art.

I've been to DC, and I enjoyed it, but as you say DC is not so much
about art. Though it was a great joy to be able to put my hands on
some clay on a wheel there. I miss working with clay. I've noticed
that, Auroville aside, there seems to be almost no studio pottery here
either. Am I missing something? There's some handwork in terra cotta,
and there's plenty of production pottery, but no real studio pottery.
Why do you think that is?

-- Charles