On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 04:31:05PM +0530, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> Oh yeah, and Brad Templeton insisting its going to be a pipe dream because
> nobody is going to care / spend enough to build a workable system

Why should we care about what Brad Templeton thought 1995?
Despite all noises to the contrary, people would kill if
given a slight chance to live forever. The only reason
cryonics is being laughed upon is because people think
it is a scam (and no celebrities are doing it).

(Notice that Brian Wowk is actively working on the problem,
while Brad Templeton... What the fuck does Brad Templeton do,
these days?)

The suspension technology is well-developed, albeit lacking
quality control and wide infrastructure. The technology
required for resurrection involves computers with
~mole number of switches and/or machine-phase nanosystems
a la http://www.nanomedicine.com

Cryolazarusse would be a side effect of such technology.