On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 3:23 PM, Valsa Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I had the pleasure of travelling with Shubha Mudgal, the musician.
>  We spoke of many challenges faced my musicians. The lack of an organised
>  guild that takes care of artists and keeps the spirit of Indian music alive.
>  She spoke of poorly paid music teachers and rich commercial organisations
>  that exploit the artists and the associated ecosystem.

there's been a fair amount of interest in "independent music" the
issue along side the lack of an organized guild is that who owns the
rights to the music which the musician produces. that would, to a
large extent determine how much money the artist actually makes

--
You see things; and you say 'Why?';
But I dream things that never were;