On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 8:46 AM, ashok _ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I dont know if this has been posted before, but i found it very
> interesting.....
>
>  <http://www.gapminder.org/world/>
>  Select a Y-axis indicator, Select an X - Axis indicator, Check the
>  countries you want to compare,
>  Select a bubble size....hit play, rinse, repeat...

Hans Rosling did an excellent job of using Gapminder in his TED talk
some time ago: http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/view/id/92

My favorite statistics to watch are (a) The life expectancy in China
and India, (b) Economic indicators for China and India, (c) Life
expectancy for sub-Saharan African countries, esp. South Africa and
Botswana (Anyone guess what happened in 1990?)

Thaths
--
Bart: We were just planning the father-son river rafting trip.
Homer: Hehe. You don't have a son.