Alok G. Singh wrote:
I want a Thinkpad X300. However, the difference between the INR and USD
price is substantial enough (about 20k) to be worth the effort of
getting one from the US.

Would any of the jet-set silklisters who are coming down to BLR be
willing to lug one for me ? I would of course, express my gratitude in
the usual manner.
I'm second in line :-) Someone who likes some really good organic French
Wine, perhaps, would ping me off-list to let me know when?

Although, I am looking for a T61. The Lenovo website difference is
almost double by today's rates. INR 86,500 vs USD 800 for the T61.

I also hear you can typically convince the customs guys that one laptop
is for business and one is personal. I have carried more than one on
many occasions when I used to travel from the US.

Is there anybody out there?