"Gautam John" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Bear with my ignorance, how is Libertarianism different from Anarchism?

Some libertarians are minarchists, and believe the state exists to
provide a court system and policing -- a so-called "night watchman"
state. Other libertarians are indeed anarchists, though a particular
form known as propertarian anarchists or "anarchocapitalists", and
believe that it should be possible to completely privatize all
government functions including courts and police.

There are good wikipedia articles on these topics.

I now return you to the unrelated argument on "conflict and progress",
which has very little to do with libertarianism.

Perry