Hello everyone I was recently introduced to this list by Carol Upadhya. She
recommended me to join thinking it might be useful for my research. I am a PhD
Student from Colombia (South America) currently staying in Bangalore for some
fieldwork. My research is in the educational dimension of popularization of
Science as Technology in southern countries and particularly in how it is
gendered (or even feminized). I am looking at experiences in the FLOSS domain
as well as in more mainstream experiences (like science museums, science
movements, and so). Carol thought joining the list would be useful for me
because of the discussions that take place here, but also because perhaps
through it I could get in touch with FLOSS organisations of FLOSS people doing
some sort of popularization of FLOSS (promotion of FLOSS to the public). It
would be great if you can help me with this. I am specially interested on
getting to know women involved in this peculiar movement
 ... so far I have not found many of them. Hope you can be of help, and I am
Looking forward to join/contribute/participate in your disucussions
Tania

 Tania Pérez Bustos
PhD Student
Interinstitutional Program in Education
Universidad Pedagógica Nacional - Colombia