And about the only match to Genghis Khan's pyramids of skulls comes from this
war too - the siege of Magdeburg, or rather, the sack after the siege.

bonobashi

--- On Tue, 2/9/08, Perry E. Metzger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
From: Perry E. Metzger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [silk] curious about whether this is a reasonable article...
To: silklist@lists.hserus.net
Date: Tuesday, 2 September, 2008, 10:48 PM

ss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> I see it as follows. I believe that both Islam and Christianity were goals

> that sought to suppress ancient tribal differences and tribal wars by
> suppressing tribe and creating a unified "super-tribe" of
Christianity and
> a "super-tribe" of Islam. This process was by an large eminently
successful
> until it hit India.

The religious wars of the West where pretty bloody from about the time
of the birth of Christ to about, well, more or less today. My favorite
remains the thirty years war, which at the end so reduced the
situation of the combatants that plowshares were literally beaten into
swords rather than the biblical prescription of the other way
around. The Crusades weren't too bad either, though.

Perry
--
Perry E. Metzger                [EMAIL PROTECTED]

      Unlimited freedom, unlimited storage. Get it now, on
http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html/