On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 1:30 PM, Alok G. Singh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I need to be able to transfer money from my account to a number of
> accounts (which change from time to time) automatically. While there are
> several products to collect money from various bank accounts, there seem
> to be none that do the reverse, i.e. disburse money to various accounts.

It is possible to set up such periodic transfers of funds out of my
bank - a fairly small credit union in california. My bank's online
bill payment management system allows me to set up various types of
transfers:

1. Transfer of a specified amount on a certain date every month. I use
this to pay my rent. In my case, because I do not know my landlord's
bank details, my bank mails a cashier's check to him.

2. Payment of bills from credit card companies and service providers.
My bank's bill pay system checks my credit card account, etc. to see
when a bill is due. When a new bill is posted, I have the option of
either automatically paying it off or being notified about the bill
being posted (at which point I manually instruct for the payment to
happen).

3. For service providers which my bank cannot talk to electronically,
I can store their information and quickly make a payment on-demand.

S.
--
"I saw this in a movie about a bus that had to SPEED around a city, keeping
 its SPEED over fifty, and if its SPEED dropped, it would explode. I think