Thanks, everyone.

I wasn't planning on cooking at all :)  This is research for
(hopefully!) a culinary/food walk/trail/tour.

I'm a long way from it,though. I need a lot of history, although the
recipes will definitely help in seeing how things have evolved. (I
need the south indian equivalent of "Curry", but I don't think it
exists).

Does anyone have the original 3-part series of Cook and See? I'd love
to borrow it.

Savita