Mayank Dhingra wrote:
Stumbled upon this TED Talk video by Vilayanur Ramachandran,A journey to the
center of your mind:

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/vilayanur_ramachandran_on_your_mind.html

hey, thanks for that link. On the phantom limb part, it`s fascinating that the visual connection in the brain (which literally has to be fooled) is more important for unlocking the paralysis and pain than the logical reality of knowing you have no limb that can be paralyzed. So much for what we think is "reality" eh? He didn`t say how he applies this to other brain injuries, such as stroke. In that case, there are no missing limbs. I wonder if this treatment can be applied to other forms of chronic pain not associated with or originating from brain injuries. Must look into this more. Thanks.

Jim