Drawing from two recent threads...
Citizen Matters published a report on the Women's Day demonstrations in
Bangalore, with two of my pictures:
http://bangalore.citizenmatters.in/articles/view/883-bengaluru-reacts-fearless-karnataka-campaign

Their versions are heavily compressed, but you can see the originals here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jace/sets/72157614979031608/

I carried a single lens that evening -- a 50mm 1.8 prime -- and shot
everything in raw format with Program mode (which is Nikonesque for
semi-automatic mode) and Auto ISO, rising up to ISO 1600 as the night
progressed. No flash. To process, I imported them into Lightroom using it's
"Auto Tone" setting and exported to JPEG.

I think the results speak for what is possible without being bothered with
technicalities. Comments welcome.

On a side note, I'd really like to have the new 35mm 1.8 DX, but no one in
Bangalore seems to have it. Is there anyone travelling from the US/EU in the
near future who can carry it for me? I can transfer money via Paypal or have
it directly shipped to your address and cover any customs charges.

Best,
Jace

--
Kiran Jonnalagadda