Deepa Mohan wrote:
> the Railways? Come to it, what is the system on aircraft? Not even the
> all-detail Arthur Hailey has talked about this....

This used to be one of those questions that popped up after a nice round
of drinks with friends. Of course, every one got creative at that time.
I think some people warily looked up whenever a flight was overhead too. :-)

Seriously, it's all collected during the flight and dumped, if I may use
the expression, at the airport. If you carefully notice, two tubes get
attached to the plane at the airport. One of them is for fuel.