On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 7:32 AM, Suresh Ramasubramanian <sur...@hserus.net>wrote:

> Abhijit Menon-Sen [05/04/09 07:24 +0530]:
>
>> A USB data card sounds good. I should have known that such things must
>> exist. I knew about PCMCIA ones, but I don't have a PCMCIA slot. Do you
>> have any recommendations? Or should I just get whatever $noname card I
>> can find in Nehru Place?
>>

> nehru place - for 5..6k. and yes you stick your simcard in.
> go to nehru place and see what known / recognizable brand name you can get.
> or walk into any vodafone / airtel / tata indicom (if you prefer cdma)
> store ..

My brother bought a Lenovo netbook from the Croma store in Phoenix Mill
Mumbai last week and also availed of a bundled offer of a USB data modem
from TATA Indicom for Rs. 999. The data plan was unlimited downloads for the
first three months for a thousand rupees. You could check out the local
Croma store (http://www.cromaretail.com/stores/locations.html).

Nandkumar