On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 8:33 AM, Dave Long <dave.l...@bluewin.ch> wrote:
> (same goes for hydro: we use kilometer drops in the alps for power
> arbitrage.  low head power generation is theoretically interesting, but if
> one has the vertical and the metallurgy it's much easier to just use them
> than to needlessly fight the exponents)

I was reading the latest issue of National Geographic and came across
a mention of a table-top hydro electric generator that is about
3-gallon in size (in the Shangri La article). What is the current
state of backyard hydro electric generators? Are they well packaged
and as easy to use as a two-stroke diesel generator?

S.
--
   "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel." -- Homer J. Simpson