On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 9:04 PM, ss <cybers...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Friday 15 May 2009 7:34:42 pm sur...@hserus.net wrote:
> > I am going to keep my opinions to myself for the moment, but if anybody
> > knows Illiad, please ask him where he got the impression that there are
> > lots of food delivery options in Chennai at 2 AM.
>
> Maybe this does not qualify - but I spent the seventies travelling through
> Tamil Nadu (en route to Pondicherry)  by night bus approximately once in
> 2-3
> months and we never failed to get a 2 AM meal and fast food at that. Dosas
> usually. Egg dosa was an option. Qualifies as "curry" I guess.

Dhaba food doesn't qualify, I think.
Those places exist solely because of the bus route. They give the
driver/conductor of the bus a cutback and a free meal in return for bringing
them the business.
-

Having said that, there are some options for late night food. Working in
advertising agencies who do their best work after 8 (and a boss who really
works after the 8th pint of beer), we have a special list of restaurants and
'thattu kadais' from which we get food delivered to the office.

My favourite used to be Samco (which has been closed for over a year),
followed by Safari in Royapettah and The Right Place in the old Residency.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ravages
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ravages
http://www.selectiveamnesia.org/

+91-9884467463